‘It’s weird loving someone so much that you don’t know’: X Factor star Roshani meets her Sri Lankan birth mother in an emotional reunion 28 YEARS after she was adopted
- Roshani Priddis was adopted in 1987 when she was six-weeks-old
- Her Sri Lankan mother violet gave her up due to extreme poverty
- Ms Priddis lived a comfortable life in Tamworth, New South Wales
- But with the support of her Australian parents, decided to find Violet
- The X Factor star’s meeting with her mother was filmed by 60 Minutes
- The emotional reunion followed the death of Ms Priddis’ Australian mother
At just six-weeks-old, Roshani Priddis was adopted by Australian couple Bruce and Narelle Priddis after her Sri Lankan mother and father were unable to care for her due to extreme poverty.
The now 28-year-old lived a loving, comfortable childhood in Tamworth, New South Wales, where she chased her dreams of becoming a singer.
But despite this, the former X Factor star felt as though something was missing and often looked at photos of her mother taken on the day she was adopted.
Scroll down for video
Painful: At just six-weeks-old, Roshani Priddis was adopted by Australian couple Bruce and Narelle (left) Priddis after her Sri Lankan mother (right) and father were unable to care for her due to extreme poverty
Appearing on 60 Minutes on Sunday night, Ms Priddis revealed her dreams of meeting her birth mother as she travelled to her home country to meet her mother Violet for the first time in 28 years.
‘My life could have been so incredibly different and not really a life at all,’ Ms Priddis told reporter Allison Langdon.
‘She’s a big part of me but I don’t know who she is…it’s weird loving someone so much that you don’t know.’