Assist RR’s Sports Day on Sunday, 07 Sept 2014 from 11AM

unnamed (1)We would like to invite you to our Sports Day to raise funds to carry out livelihood projects in the East and Vanni and a cataract camp in Mullaitivu. Thousands of families are struggling to make their end meets after the end of the war. Data available for Mullaithivu district indicates that there are nearly 84% of the total families in Mullaithivu district earn less than Rs 5000 per month and around 18% of this 74% earn less than Rs 1500 per month. This data also shows that there are only 26% of the total employable persons are in some kind of employment as at 31 Dec 2012. The remainder of 74% of the employable persons in this district are unemployed and struggling for their survival.We therefore believe that it is necessary that we create employment opportunities and provide stable income to at least some families. Funds raised from the sports day will be used to start small to medium businesses that would provide employment opportunities. We also aim to conduct a cataract surgery camp in Mullaitivu to help 100 needy patients.

Please kindly come and join us at this sports day and support the initiatives back home. Could you also please bring your friends and family to this event and assist the unfortunate people in the East and Vanni.  We are planning to sell “Odiyal Kool” in addition to many other food items at the sports day.

Event Date: 07/09/14, from 11 AM at Blake Hall Sports Club, Blake Hall Road, London E11 2EQ
Adult – £5, Family – £10

Could you please inform whether you would attend?  
Kind regards,

Related posts