Six-year-old Tamil boy brutally raped and killed in Sri Lanka by Navy

Six years after the end of Sri Lanka’s civil war, Tamil lands, particularly in the north of the island, remain under military occupation. The 26-year conflict, which claimed the lives of some 200,000 people, concluded in 2009 when the Sri Lankan armed forces launched a bloody offensive to destroy the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam, which had led the Tamil national liberation movement for several decades.

The final push claimed the lives of tens of thousands, and has been widely-condemned as an act of genocide in which unspeakable acts of cruelty were carried out on a largely defenceless population. According to the government, the end of the war ushered in a new peace across the country and has been pivotal to Sri Lanka uniting as a nation. However, ethnic cleansing, military atrocities and cultural genocide continue to be carried out by the Sri Lankan regime.

The latest act is the horrific abuse and murder of a young boy in the country’s north-east, reported below by independent news outlet


A 6-year-old Tamil boy, reported missing at Champoor on 25 January 5:30pm, was recovered dead after being brutally raped and dumped into an abandoned well located near the Vidura camp of the occupying navy of genocidal Sri Lanka.

The resettled Tamil families who went searching for the boy found traces of sexual abuse inside an abandoned house located near the naval camp. Military shoelaces have been used to bind the boy to a stone, the eyewitnesses who were watching the Sri Lankan police recover the corpse from the well, told TamilNet.

Sri Lankan president Maithiripala Sirisena is directly responsible for the brutality as he failed to move the navy camp away from the resettling people as promised, Tamil rights activists in Trincomalee [the main city 30km north-west of Champoor] said adding that the West, led by the USA and a host of other countries, is particularly responsible for the continuation of genocide after 2009.

The brutal rape and murder has sent shockwaves across Moothoor East Tuesday morning.

The slain boy was identified as Tharshan Kugathasan.

The family of Tharshan resettled at the locality 5 months ago. Tharshan was the third and last child of the family. He was attending first grade.

The Sri Lankan Navy personnel manning the sentry point used to “invite” him to their military posts ,providing food and chocolates, the eyewitnesses further said.

The Sinhala navy, which was supposed to vacate from Champoor Maha Viththiyaalayam School and the adjacent residential areas, has been indefinitely postponing the relocation of the Vidura training base. The promises made by president Maithiripala Sirisena have not been fulfilled.

The Eastern provincial governor Austin Fernando, who is a former defence secretary of occupying Colombo, is on record on 15 December saying that the navy would hand back the lands before 5 January. But the navy continues to be stationed at the site.

The unitary State of “Sri Lanka” has been bargaining with all the competing powers – USA, China and India – in the Indian Ocean region for strategic access to Trincomalee. In return, they have backed Colombo to maintain its military in the Tamil homeland.

The occupying military stationed all over the Tamil homeland has been committing physical, cultural and structural genocide against the nation of Eelam Tamils. The Tamil women and children have been the most vulnerable since May 2009.

Related posts