The cabinet reshuffle of the unity Government took place today with President Maithripala Sirisena handing over the appointment letters.
The additional responsibilities includes the Ministries earlier held by 16 Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) Ministers who had resigned from their posts.
In all 18 Ministers got fresh appointment letters today from President Maithripala Sirisena.
- Lakshman Kiriella as the Minister of Public Enterprise and Kandy Development,
- Thalatha Athukorala the Minister of Justice and Prison Reforms,
- Faiszer Musthapha the Minister of Sports, Minister of Provincial Councils and Local Government,
- P. Harrison Minister of Social Empowerment,
- Sarath Amunugama as Minister of Science, Technology and Research, Skills Development and Vocational Training, and Hill Country Heritage,
- Ranjith Maddumabandara as the Mister of Public Administration and Management, Minister of Law and Order,
- S. B Navinna as the Minister of Internal Affairs and Wayamba Development,
- Vijith Vijayamuni Zoysa as the Minister of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Development and Rural Economy,
- D.M. Swaminathan as the Minister of Rehabilitation, Resettlement, Northern Development and Hindu Religious Affairs,
- Sagala Ratnayake as the Minister of Project Management, Youth Affairs and Southern Development,
- Mano Ganesan as the Minister of National Co-existence, Reconciliation and Official Languages,
- Mahinda Amaraweera as the Minister of Agriculture,
- Ravindra Samaraweera as the Minister of Labour and Trade Union Relations,
- Sarath Fonseka as the Minister of Sustainable Development, Wildlife and Regional Development
- Daya Gamage as the Minister of Social Welfare and Primary Industries,
- Duminda Dissanayake as the Minister of Irrigation and Water Resources Management and Disaster Management,
- Kabir Hashim the Minister of Highways and Road Development
- Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe as the Minister of Higher Education and Cultural Affairs.
He said he was confident the new cabinet will meet the expectations of the public. (Colombo Gazette)