Responding to a news report published in a weekend newspaper titled, ‘Cabraal pushes for pension with arrears for all Central Bank Governors”, the State Ministry of Money and Capital Market and State Enterprise Reforms makes the following points in a news release:
1. State Minister Ajith Nivard Cabraal served as CBSL Governor from 1.7. 2006 to 8.1. 2015, that is, 8 years.
2. His appointment letter provided for a “pension”.
3. No pension paid even after 4 years of resigning.
4. Governor Coomaraswamy was informed on 12.2. 2019.
5. Never “pushed” for pensions for other CBSL Governors.