- Asserts 2019 Presidential candidate got election support promising to uphold national security
- Says PCoI report reveals creating conflicts between ethnicities was part of the ploy
- Accuses former President Maithripala Sirisena for negligence, failure to fulfil his civic duty
- Questions if Govt. is fearful of former President and his security on revealing truth about attacks and creating of unrest
- Condemns procedure in which Easter Sunday investigations were conducted
- Expresses deep concern and disappointment over release of former Defence Secy, IGP
- Opines individuals linked to attacks will face repercussions of their actions before too long
- Raps President Gotabaya for not bringing perpetrators of Easter attacks to book, failure to fulfil his promises and concealing facts revealed in the PCoI report
Archbishop of Colombo Cardinal Malcolm Ranjith yesterday charged that the 2019 Easter Sunday attack was used by a Presidential Election candidate to garner support by putting forth promises of upholding national security.
“The 2019 Presidential Election was focused on national security, whilst creating an unrest and instilled fear among citizens, where people pitted against each other,” he claimed speaking at a service at the St. Anthony’s Shrine in Kochchikade yesterday to commemorate the lives of the victims, as the country marked the third year since the Easter attacks.